sobota, 20 października 2018

,,Dancing in the moonlight '' altered box

                 
,,Dance under shimmering moonlight 
like the moon was made for you alone,
and let it shine down on your exquisite face
like the light is an extension of your soul.       -A.Bentley -


Hi my friends today I would like to show you my altered box ,,Dancing in the moonlight . Altering a wooden box is such a fun thing o do because it can be anything you want it to be.For his box, I have combined several tecniques . I also used a lots of prodcts to make up this magic ,steampunk style box.




The base was wooden box , I painted it with two coats of white gesso On the top I glued some
flowers, chipboards, tulle ,gazue  and lots of metal embellishments. .I also sprinkled some micro beads 




On the edges of this box I used modellig paste to make interesting background . I painted it with black gesso ,when it dried I started to apply inka gold : silver gold and gold.I also used  mica powders blue opal magic, gold opal magic ,blue ,deep water.



As the final step I started playing with colors .I used mists: pear violet, pastel lavender,calypso teal, pastel blue 



On the sides of this case 
I used flower stencil and modeling paste . Then I painted it with old gold paint. 





                             And few close-ups




I hope you enjoyed checking out my latest project ;) xoxo Aisha

I would like to enter my box into following challenges:



From the mood board I was inspired by the color turquise and old gold ,ladies and buttons.In my box I also used materials  gazue and tulle  .

I used lots of 13 arts products: gesso black ,gel medium ,mists pearl violet ,pastel lawender ,pastel blue.Paints old gold ,mettalic blue. Stencil flowers, micro beads .





I was inspired by colors : black ,violet , gold and old gold. I was also inspired by the bottles and stars.



7 komentarzy:

  1. A gorgeous altered wooden box and super metallic effects. Wonderful textures, colours and elements.
    Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at 13 Arts xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. I love it! So gorgeous details! Thank you for playing with us at 13 Arts!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Maravilloso trabajo.
    Has conseguido que la foto central sea el objetivo principal de la obra.
    Colores, abalorios y texturas impresionantes!!!
    Felicidades por ello.
    Besos y feliz semana

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Amazing work, I really like the composition and the color...
    Thank you so much for playing with us at MMart challenge!

    OdpowiedzUsuń